• DOM News & Announcements

by Published on 01-22-2017 01:10 PM

Hello everyone! For those who are unaware or you are new to the DOM Community, each month 1 Division/Sector Leadership Team will be selected to be honored as a spotlight member of our community. I'm very excited to announce the first such member of 2017!

When the Leaders are looking to select a member for this title, they will look for someone who doesn’t have to be asked to do things, they are proactive in the overall growth & success of their Sector and DOM, they lend a helping hand to current members & Recruits, are active on the forums/in-game, and more.

So please join me in congratulating ...

@Olliehax
    Team Leader PS4 Smite

Your work as a team leader for Smite has taken what was a small-to-start game genre in our clan, to one of the more active groups currently playing under the DOM banner. We want to recognize the consistent work and effort that you make to improve your sector and also the clan in general. We truly appreciate all you do, thank you!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the best memory of joining the clan you have, from when you were a recruit or patron member?
    I have so many good memories during my recruitment period, especially during some hilarious smite games. Some good memories playing conquest and killing the fire giant at 10mins and 15 seconds getting the achievement. Forming a joust team with @Crankeh and @unknown-joeker and getting one of the worst gods in the game (at the time) to be banned during ranked play because of how much we dominated was also pretty sweet. Proof for the fire giant achievement.

What's your favorite gaming moment that is immortalized in an online video that you want to share with all of us? (Doesn't have to be from you or the clan, just gaming in general.)
    If any of you have actually played competitive age of empires 2, you'll know the skill level is insanely high. Basically if you mess up the early game then the game is over and you have lost. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2MKMyOLgY < This is a video of the best player in the world 'the viper' beating 3 other pro players whilst going solo. An insane achievement.

If you could go back in time and experience a video game again as if it were your first time, which would it be and why?
    The Elder Scrolls Oblivion - amazing game, I must have sunk 600 hours into that masterpiece. So much to do and so many different ways of doing it. It was one of my favourite games, I spent ages modding it and tweaking the game so I could play it the way I want.

How many games have you owned in total, and what are the top 3?
    I have a steam library of 120 ish games, 20 on ps4 and a few other pc games. Maybe I have too many... but my all time favourite games would be 1. Age of Empires 2, 2. Rome Total War, 3. SMITE. I've played age of empires 2 since I first started gaming when I was about 10 lol The game just never gets old, and still has a huge online competitive scene to this day. I've played the original rome total war since it came out as well, classic game, the best in the series and always will be! The current total war games are awful, they've put rpg elements in a grand strategy game so you spend most of your time micromanaging your general's instead of playing the game.

If it isn't gaming, where is Olliehax on a Friday or Saturday night?
    I'm usually out getting drinks and then drunk with my friends from work - we are all teachers so our Mon-Fri is very stressful. Gotta unwind either gaming with the clan or going out for some drinks!

What has been your most rewarding moment as a leader in the clan?
    My most rewarding moment as leader would be hosting my first game night, but also getting many new recruits to join the clan at the start of 2017. I've been able to do this thanks to the core team of players we have at the smite sector, always active and always gaming.

Give me an animated GIF that says something about you.
    This has always been one of my favourite Gifs because I hate my birthday xD I empathise with this dog greatly:

What's your favorite character quote from a video game?
    This is a tough question. Favourite quote would have to be ' No one can stop Death' from diablo 3 reaper of souls, Character is Maltheal. Such an ominous quote right a the end of this video of the opening cinematic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZtRlAi343Y

If you could face off PvP against any DOM member, who would it be, why, and in which game?
    I would 1v1 @Manthor123 in SMITE, grudge match! He always plays the most annoying gods and beats me, last time I almost won his connection 'dropped'. We've been going 1v1 for a long time, I'll get him eventually lol.

What piece of music would you have playing if there was a movie trailer being made about your life?
    Well I think my life would be a boring movie haha! So i'd have to go for an epic piece of music to jazz it up a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382va5STFGE <<<<< amazing piece of music.
    by Published on 12-12-2016 11:29 AM
    Article Preview

Hello everyone! For those who are unaware or you are new to the DOM Community, each month 1 Division/Sector
    by Published on 03-01-2016 04:06 PM
    Article Preview

Barely into 2016 and the months are just flying by. Well it is already March and you know what that
    by Published on 02-01-2016 04:21 PM
    Article Preview

It is a new month and you know what that means ... a new Member of the Month. For those who are unaware
    by Published on 01-02-2016 10:39 AM
    Article Preview

So it is a new month and a new year and we need to announce the January's Member of the Month!!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast