• Member of the Month- MAY!

Hello everyone! Due to the leadership changed that occurred, we missed having a member of the Month for April. But no worries, we are back for May and have a new Member of the Month. For those who are unaware or you are new to the DOM Community, each month 1 Division/Sector Leadership Team will be selected to give me a nominee within their Division/Sector who they feel is deserving of this title. When the Leaders are looking to select a member for this title, they will look for someone who doesnít have to be asked to do things, they are proactive in the overall growth & success of their Sector and DOM, they lend a helping hand to current members & Recruits, are active on the forums/in-game, and more.

So please join me in congratulating ...

@Mgeezy85
    Soldier of PS4 The Division

You have made quite the impression on your Division Team Leaders Mgeezy, that they felt that you should be a Member of the Month. You are very active on the forum and it shows with your 80 posts and you have only been a member for a month. Within that month you've , your leaders think you having done an outstanding job and have been a wonderful addition to this community! That is a great accomplishment. You were so excited when I messaged you about MotM and these answer are probably the most detailed I've seen so far. So here is your opportunity. Wear that sparkly rank with pride and thank you for everything you have done for the DOM Community.

There are a lot of new members who havenít gotten a chance to get to know @Mgeezy85. So here are some questions so that YOU can get to know a little bit more of DOMís Member of the Month for May
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did you get the GT ďMgeezy85Ē?
    I canít recall exactly how many, but letís say 10 years ago I began my journey into online console gaming (probably ps2?). Being in my late teens at the time I had no idea the huge responsibility that comes along with choosing an online username. I didnít realize at the time that the moniker you choose would become such a long term commitment.
    To explain the origin of the name my initials are M.G. and I was born in 1985.

What made you join DOM and what has been your best experience since joining?
    I came across DOM from an online ad. I havenít played any kind of multiplayer game in probably a decade or so. I took a long time off of video games during university as I had a full-time job and was playing sports as well. Most recently I have been playing sports games like the Madden, Fifa, and NBA franchises as well as the amazing Witcher 3, and the insanely fun Rocket League.
    Something about the division caught my eye and when I realized it was so heavily focused on grouping I knew I needed to find a gang to run with.

After reading through DOMs website I realized I had found my home. Their core principles and focus on inclusive and fun gaming made me so confident that my decision to join was as easy one

Which member(s) have you played the most with or become close with?
    One thing that has been amazing about our PS4 Division sector is how many of the players communicate and regularly play together. There are so many that I group with on a regular basis!
    Kudos first to our fearless leader @FlippersFist for setting an incredible tone for the group in general. Others Iíd like to mention are @GM1980, @CryMeARiverNewbs @Hostile_rG @Murativic @sasquatchal69 and @Portorific

This list just keeps gorwing

Tell me 5 random things about yourself.

1. I am a Registered Yoga and Meditation Teacher
    2. Lived in Honolulu for 6 months to go Surfing.
    3. Used to be insanely addicted to all forms of sour candy
    4. Family first came to Western Canada in the 1750ís from Northern Europe.
    5. BA in Liberal Studies (focused on Evolutionary Psychology, Anthropology, and History)

Outside of gaming, what other hobbies do you have?
    I have always been into athletics and the outdoors.
    I have a Bernese Mountain Dog named Lukas who I hike in the coastal mountains of Vancouver, British Columbia where I live.
    - Growing up I was a high-level Lacrosse and soccer player and in later years have found an incredible passion for yoga and mediation. I recently fall in love with Muay Thai Kickboxing as well and will be competing nationally quite soon.

How do you balance your gaming/hobbies with your real life responsibilities?
    Being a Yogi at heart I strive for balance in all facets of my life. Moderation is the key, but an even lesson is that moderation must be taken in moderation as well. You must do what feels good to you, what you resonate with, what makes you happy as long as it hurts no one else. If you feel energetic and have the creative energy to get things done then you better get things done. Yet, on the flip side if you are having a terrible day it is well within your right to sit on the coach in your pyjamas and play video games while crying into a bag of Arriba Zesty Taco chips. It is all part of the human experience and we judge ourselves too much for doing what we enjoy. We shouldnít feel guilty for being who we are as long as we also expect ourselves to be the very best that we can.

What is your favorite game and why?
    My all time favourite game is Final Fantasy X on the Playstation 2. It is an incredible game with an amazing depth of story and shock ending.
    Furthermore, I played this game in my mid-teens. A time in my life when I was going through a lot of personal turmoil and my home life was less than ideal to say the least. This game was at itís most basic level a simple escape into my bedroom. But, even more than that the struggles of the characters themselves taught me lessons and allowed me the space for a catharsis I may not have found otherwise.
    This game will always hold a special place in my heart. I only wish that I could play BLITZBALL just once in real life

What game genre do you prefer?
    íve dabbled in almost every genre throughout my years of gaming but tend to focus mostly on sports games. I have always been very good at Madden, Fifa, and NBA as well as fighting games. I love a good racer like gran turismo series back in the day. And have of course spent many hours ripping through various RPGs. When I was younger I had a love for Real time strategy games like the Age of Empires series and will admit to SIM CITY being a guilty pleasure as well.

What do you like most about The Division?
    I like how accessible it is. It has incredible depth but you can also just pick it up and run around shooting at stuff. On top of that the ability to make friends and have an amazing time talking about life in general as you walk around fighting mobs of NPCs is beyond fun. Iíve made some incredible friends and had some really cool conversations while blissfully unloading an endless stream of bullets into some Rikers.

What do you like least about The Division?
    How the other players get so grumpy about everything. LOL.

What was your first gaming console?
    Being born in 1985 the history of modern video games also spans my entire lifetime. Iíve been through almost every generation of console gaming since NES. SNES, Sega Genesis, all of the iterations of Playstation. Iíve loved them all

What is your best gaming memory?
    There is one singular memory that sticks out and then one specific time period that does as well.
    The singular memory is quite vivid. The year must have been 1991 or 1992. My parents had recently split and I spent time being babysat by my Grandmother during the day. Several of my older cousins were in the same situation as well. This part of the story was a bonus as they had an NES at the time and brought it to Grandmaís so we could all play. Iím not sure how this began but one day I find myself playing Mike Tysonís Punch-out in the living room with my grandmother who must have been in her late 60ís at the time. She had grown up in Northern Alberta (think Canadian Texas) and was so foreign to the idea of video games. Yet, as we played and I taught her how to use the controller you could see the look of complete freedom and fun on her face. She was the most proper, polite lady in the world but that day she let loose with her 5 year old grandson. She passed in 2015 but this is a memory of her I will hold dear forever.
    -The other memory was of being in my late teens. In my hometown there were several giant LAN cafeís near my high school. This was the late 1990s and PC gaming was at itís peak. You could go to these giant warehouses and pay $5 to play Counterstrike or WoW (in itís infancy) or Starcraft against and with all of the other people in the warehouse. This was our first taste of real freedom. Driving to the LAN cafe and playing video games until 2 oíclock in the morning.

Any games you are looking forward to?
    Are there any that I should be really excited for?
  • Recent Forum Posts

Xg1j0eX

Patch - Orisa

From what I've been seeing Orisa will be pretty good at those hard choke points and clearing enemies off high ground with her alt fire. Soldier shreds

Xg1j0eX Today, 05:42 PM Go to last post
    Geturmindrite

Im new here !!!

Welcome to DOM
    Although we are on different time zones, still feel free to add me as ive been able to play with our EU players on the weekend nights.

Geturmindrite Today, 01:53 PM Go to last post
    Infinity3060

Next Cod Rumor.. WWII.... HMM

really hope that E3 Schedule is fake.. I would guess any real e3 schedule at this point would have some things blacked out.

Infinity3060 Today, 01:36 PM Go to last post
    uLSpeedy

Next Cod Rumor.. WWII.... HMM

the e3 schedule has already been debunked. Somebody made it saying that look at e3 schedule that I made up... This is the 1st time that I have seen

uLSpeedy Today, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    uLSpeedy

Patch - Orisa

I really like playing orisa a lot as well! I can see some really good uses for her. But also I can think of a couple of maps where she would be not

uLSpeedy Today, 01:25 PM Go to last post